Re: This time a real clip bug: it crashes...

Bob Zimmerman wrote:
CLIP will crash very reliably if the size of any selection is
> between 381 and 573 bytes. Smaller or larger selections work
> just fine.
Anyone have any idea why this is so? Is there a setting I can
> change in either U2 or Windows to correct this?
Sounds like the old upper memory oddity in all DOS apps (but then that's my King Charles's Head). Do you have an EMS switch in the shortcut by which you load Xy? Right-click the shortcut icon, click on Properties, then Memory. How much do you have under EMS? I use 5120. Note that you do NOT have to use the /4000 switch after EDITOR.EXe to allocate EMS to XyWrite; it automatically uses it if the opsys has made it available. Robert and I established that conclusively a couple of years ago.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx