Re: This time a real clip bug: it crashes...

Bob Zimmerman wrote:
Of the many emails I have sent that did not crash, a number have been far larger. Why should these work and
>the other smaller emails choke at 382 bytes?<<
Looking over this thread, I do not find any mention of checking your available memory. I assume someone sent you that advice off list, but on the remote chance no one did, what value do you get if you issue the following on the command line?

VA/NV $M+6
If the number is large (mine is 1), you may be getting Out Of Memory (OOM), and that can always cause problems. Do also look at the files in List under HEX mode to be absolutely sure there is no 2- or 3-byte char lurking there. Mine was in the stuff I was pasting (a snippet from the Xy Registry, XPLNcoded). When there is a 3-byter, it reduces the size of what else can be there; if there are no 3-byte chars, you can CLip larger blocks.

Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx