Virus (was: DOS box creepers and Tame (taskbar icons))

** Reply to message from Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx on Fri, 1 Nov 2002
09:08:06 -0800

> My mail reader shows just the ICO and
> JPG attachments! Where did the other 2 come from?

Your mailer! Where else? Which mail client do you use? Your msg says
"Internet Mail Service", whatever that is... (M$ Exchange?)

> The fact that you don't see my message as rich-text must be due to the mail
> reader you're using.

I'm looking at the raw POP file, as received from our CCAT server, all 13293
bytes of it. I even looked at the rest of the cluster on my hard disk, to see
if something was hiding past an EOF character or some other trick (nothing
there). There's no "rich text" version (unless you mean by that the HTML
version). I'm decoding each Base64 attachment manually; there are 3 of those,
as enumerated earlier. They're all icons, & all legit. No virus.

We have one subscriber at Pomona, AKAIK. I wonder what he got? Anyway, sounds
like a false alarm.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx