RE: [virus] -- Winsock32.dll

Phew.... I have learned a whole lot about this pesky Hanson virus since
yesterday.
I have eradicated it from all the places where it took root, but there is
one file that remains
corrupted, and that is: \windows\system\wsock32.dll.

Is there any way to replace this file without re-installing Windows? As it
is, Windows seems to allow me neither to edit nor to remove it at all.

I have been digging around in Windows directories since yesterday, and it
is not pleasant work. Has anybody experience with this? Tia

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "I have never told an untruth." Al Gore, 2000