Re: virtual DOS on a MAC

For the future, is this in fact a feasible option - - Virtual PC (DOS) on a MAC?
For me it has worked well but I haven't tested in in years. With the
original VPC for W95, you could not use a keyboard remap utility, but I
believe that VPC has evolved tremendously since then and can now do ALL the
things it couldn't do before -- like running Adobe ATM. We have a list
member who is much more experienced with it than me. If you can still buy
VPC just for DOS, it's probably quite inexpensive, but for anyone on this
list who is really really desperate, I might have a couple of old, licensed
copies around that I never use and could with good conscience part with,
except that I hate mailing things more than anything else on earth. Well,
nearly.
Thinkpads are great, though make sure you keep your receipt, and if
anything ever goes wrong, DON'T EXPLAIN A THING. Just say the computer
doesn't work, you don't know why. Otherwise they will try to charge you.
IBM really, really, really doesn't like to honour its warranties. The other
thing remarkable I have discovered is that the Dell keyboards are now I
think much better than the IBMs, although they are quite a bit noiser --
though not too obtrusively so. However, the placement of the left and right
trackpad/point keys on the Dell Inspiron 8100 is what I still find hateful.
Let's see if I get used to it.