Re: No more XP lag with Tamedos

At 12/26/2004 04:03 AM -0500, Robert Holmgren wrote:
I don't think
Tame has anything to do with it.
Turned out it does. First, I REMed out the TAME line in AUTOEXEC.NT and
XyDos came up fine in Window 1. Then I restored the line and the anomaly
returned. Took a wild guess that it involved NUMLOCK, somehow. Followed
these directions for disabling TAME's NUMLOCK toggle:
"By default, Tame does toggle numlock in order to correct a problem with
Windows handling of the numlock. This feature may be disabled by setting a
registry value. Registry values can be effective system-wide, or only for
specific users. The key named HKLM\Software\TameDOS contains system wide
values, and HKCU\Software\TameDOS contains user overrides. To disable the
numlock toggle, select the user key or the system key, create a REG_DWORD
value named ResetNumlock and set it to 0."

It worked, but...
Cursor repeat -- holding down the cursor right/left/up/down arrows -- now in XyDos crawls. Went back into the Registry, deleted the new value, restarted XY and cursor movement was fine, but program again came up in Window 2 and I had to AS to get to Window 1 and the directory list.

So, some progress, of a sort. Any notions?

Michael Norman