Re: Menus (not) in Xy4

Why not just use the built in xy commands of tree, dir, and ca in
your savegets. On mine, F2-x gets me the tree (if I need it) or usually just a
F2-r for dir, then cursor down to the file, hit F2-z, and it opens. I think
XY came with some thing like this, I might have modified it to
different keys, can't really remember. But it's simple and it
works. I don't like the tree -- TTG really needs to fix that so
it sorts the directories properly, or better yet, lets you choose
how they are sorted.
  Actually, I've never even used that ^o to open a file before
just now trying it -- it's too clutzy for me, although Dan's method isn't bad.
Especially if you are changing drives or directories, and you
aren't quite sure of the directory names.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!

=============
Microsoft Network, or any service owned in full or in part by
Microsoft, is prohibited from redistributing this work in any
form, in whole or in part.
Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this
post is available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or
local equivalent.
Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these
terms. Please send notices of violation to hseaver@xxxxxxxx
and postmaster@xxxxxxxx.