Re: NB manual

At 2/8/2004 05:51 PM +0200, Morris Krok wrote:
I wonder if there is such a thing as printed manual for NBwin 7;00b. Also from an Xpl programming viewpoint, are there routines or codes that are common to many programs and which can be included in a personal.spl file to facilate programming.
Mary Bernard collected all the help files, configured them to print with a minimum of formatting, and donated her effort to NB/NY, which in 7.0b included an option in the drop-down help menu to print these. If you have FinePrint -- one of the few utilities worth what it costs -- you can print them out as a booklet, roughly some 20-30 pages, I reckon. But, alas, there is no such thing as our Customization Guide, badly organized for sure but comprehensive and invaluable. There's some catechism at these sites: http://users.moscow.com/rpenticoff/NB/index.htm http://personal.stthomas.edu/gwschlabach/nb/ http://www.helsinki.fi/~jtakala/notabene.html Both Mary Bernard and Jukka-Pekka Takala are active on the NB listserv and both are as generous with their time as our two senior shepherds are here. Additionally you can do this to search the NB archives (their search page has been AWOL for a while). In Google's search box type *[blank space, blank space] NOTABENE site:hamline.edu*. The [blank space] is where you put your search terms. I saved the address as a favorite in IE6. Finally, Steve Sibert, NB's technical support person these days, is a pleasure to work with. Michael Norman