RE: Buying new computer - what operating systems will work with Xywrite

I've never actually been able to figure out why this slow-down thing
happens.
And I no longer have a machine where I can MAKE it happen.
But when I did, I was able cure it by starting Xy with a shortcut to a
batch file instead of using a shortcut to the .exe.
If the default settings for the .bat shortcut don't do the trick, there
may be a setting that fixes it...a setting that's unavailable to the
.exe shortcut.
They each have different properties pages.

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

Bob Ashley wrote:
 >>In W98Se, I used the XyW windows extensively. With W2000 I can't
because >> the`y are horribly slow <<

Really? I run Xy 4 in a Window on 2000 at the office (where I'm working
now, thanks to Mr.--or Ms.--Squirrel), and beyond a slight jerkiness I
do not observe slowness. Others have reported this, though, and I
suspect an errant setting. Unfortunately, no one has ever had the time
to debug the issue thoroughly, and we really should. I cannot believe it

is inherent to W2K.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx