Re: Advice required: Virus software for Win 3/ on floppies

>Can the collective wisdom advise me?
>A correspondent informs me that I sent him an infected file. It's long past
>time that I installed anti-virus software, but I presume it has to be up to
>date and, preferably, updateable in future. However, the only software I've
>been offered in my local shops is for Win9x and requires a CD-ROM drive;
>I'm still using Windows 3.1 and my CD-ROM drive is out of commission.
>Any suggestions?
>Cheers
>Eric Van Tassel

If you only use XYwrite, I don't see how you can create an "infected
file". Maybe this is a misunderstanding? The two recent virus scares
were about some programs that cause Microsoft Outlook to send unwanted
attachments. I suggest you clarify with your correspondent exactly what
the problem is.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "The KLA will have to 'demilitarize' as it agreed to do." Bill Clinton
-- "We consider NATO as an ally, a friend" Kadri Kryeziu, KLA spokesman
-- "It depends on the meaning of 'is'." A semantics artist