Re: Xy'd NB

** Reply to message from Michael Norman
on Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:55:41 -0500

>> Problem was, if you close the program from the "Full Window"
view,
>> then try to open the program again, you get the above and the
>> program won't open. You have to reinstall it.

> Could this be a problem of one's having to manually kill NTVDM
> before relaunching NB?

Almost. What you have to do is kill (in ProcExplorer or TaskMan
or whatever) the *unique* NTVDM instance that is running
wow32.dll -- the Windows-on-Windows library that thunks 16-bit
code (like NBWin) to 32-bit. I'm not sure whether TaskMan shows
you the DLL dependencies, but Process Explorer sure does, and
that's why Taskman is crap and ProcExp is great!... AND free!
You know, I am bloody SURE I have explained all this here
before, at fulsome putrifacient graveolent length... (I'm trying
to suggest that it SHOULD be a dead issue)...

Here!
 http://xywrite.org/msg02154.htm

It's not enough to just read -- you have to REMEMBER! This is
basic stuff for 16-bit Win apps.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx