Re: Xy'd NB

At 05:10 PM 2/18/2008, Harry Binswanger wrote:
*NBEDITOR caused a General Protection Fault in module SWSYS.DLL at 0011:48DF. Choose close. NBEDITOR will Close.*
Problem was, if you close the program from the "Full Window" view,
then try to open the program again, you get the above and the
program won't open. You have to reinstall it. If toggle back to the
standard view before you quit, all's well. I have no idea what's
going on. Tried to check to see which file the toggle wrote to, but couldn't.
Could this be a problem of one's having to manually kill NTVDM
before relaunching NB?
Not sure, Harry. Just parsing the problem on the surface...NB always
leaves NTVDM running, at least here. If an active NTVDM session
caused problems with one part of NB's screen handling -- in this case
"Full Window" -- you'd think it would cause problems with other parts
of the program, and on my setup it does not. Soon as [if] I get an
answer from their T-support, I'll pass it on.
Michael Norman