Re: Mac and Xy

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 02:04:43PM -0700, Fred Weiner wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Lisa Kleinholz wrote:
>
> > Any recommendations on external drive makes & models?
> >

> LaCie. Very high quality. Their web store has a section of reconditioned

> units??????with a warranty, I think, of 90 days??????with some good bargains. FW.

I have a friend, who is also a mac user that swear by Lacie.

Keep in mind, Lacie, and other, are taking third party drives and putting enclosures around them.
Granted they DO offer a warranty, that is essentially what they are doing.

As a mac user you too can get a hard drive, put it in an enclosure (fire-wire or USB), and back up
your system. Even macs need to be backed up. (I'll attest to that.) It's more important that you DO
backup!

fwiw,

Russ