Re: SmartWords Beta

Catlyn wrote [in re Steve's query about Smartwords]:

> Interesting that you should post this question today, in that I sent an
> inquiry via The Technology Group page this very afternoon with the
> additional note that my credit card has been charged for payment.
> Many months ago, when I called TTG in Maryland, George told me that I
> might expect SmartWords in mid-April; therefore, I projected the
> possibility of an August delivery.
>
> It would seem fortunate that my vocational success does not depend upon
> my ability to prognosticate since today marks the end of the chosen
> month.
>
> If you, or anyone, receives additional information, I am sure there are
> many who would appreciate reading it.

Catlyn (and all),

I, too, ordered my Smartwords from George in mid-April. He, too, took my
credit card number. I, too, have received nothing. I, slightly more
optimistic than you, had entered the date of June 28 as a possible
delivery date in response to (Annie's?) suggestion we have a pool.

My luck, however, is better in one respect: my credit card has not yet
been charged.

A final observation: some people on this list have made nasty, sometimes
quite vituperative, comments about Smartwords (and surely you, Catlyn,
are not one of them). In the spirit of not looking what is essentially a
gift horse in the mouth I have deliberately refrained from this carping
although I am quite frustrated at the developments. Indeed, I am now
somewhat embarrassed to have to remind the list that I was one of those
who visited Tech Group last year and assured you all that such a product
actually existed.

However, I am now compelled to observe that it is my opinion that the
Tech Group might wish, in the spirit of good will, to at least provide
us with updated information if it finds itself unable to actually supply
the product.

--
Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press