Re: Critical crypto bug in OpenSSL opens two-thirds of the Web to eavesdropping

Paul,

You beat me to posting that link.  Skimming it, I see PayPal and Amazon in the "Pass" column, so I'm already feeling better about this.  That probably accounts for most of my exposure right there.  Never had any use for Facebook.  When the cell phone provider, power utility, etc. etc. have asked me to initiate an online account, I never bothered to do so.  I pay all my bills by check in return envelope via the postal service.  What can I say ?  Very old school, here.  (Would you expect anything different, on a list of this nature ?)

   Jordan

From: Paul Lagasse
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: Critical crypto bug in OpenSSL opens two-thirds of the Web to eavesdropping

You can find a list of the current situation at the "Top 100" sites at http://www.cnet.com/how-to/which-sites-have-patched-the-heartbleed-bug/

Paul Lagasse
On 04/10/2014 12:22 PM, J R FOX wrote:
Quick show of hands now: how many have been rushing to change all their online passwords (as has been strongly recommended) in the wake of this news ?  With 5 mail accounts, password-access forum memberships, and a host of other things, I have too many passwords to keep track of.  I really should have found a good password manager app. a long time ago.  (Actually I did, some years ago, but it was for OS/2, relatively complicated as such apps go, and development on it ceased.)  That said, I've never done any online banking -- except for PayPal, which is very hard to avoid -- because I never trusted the entire concept.  Email ?  No super-sensitive business stuff in there.  I'm not sure how worried I'm apt to get over this.  98 % of the public is ill-informed about most of whatever is going on at the moment, so I would bet that this remains widely overlooked . . .  until such time as it actually bites them, and forces an active response.

  Jordan