Fwd: Seeking Older Software Comments (fwd)

" Forwarded message from dnoack@xxxxxxxx (DavidNoack)
" Posted 23 November 2001 on newsgroup comp.archives.msdos.d
" ---BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE---
" My name is David Noack and I'm a technology correspondent with
" Investor's Business Daily newspaper.
"
" I'm working on a story about older versions of software, why folks
" prefer older versions of software (mainly shareware or freeware
" programs, where these programs can be found online, and what are some
" of the issues that users have with newer versions of software.
"
" If you run a Web site or have a business that sells older software
" programs, answer the questions, but tailor them to your situation
" rather than as an end-user. Also, explain a bit about your Web site or
" business.
"
" Here are some questions for your consideration.
"
" 1. What are some of the older versions of software that you have?
"
" 2. Did you upgrade to a newer version of the software, but then went
" back to the older version. What was the reason for going back to the
" earlier version?
"
" 3. Where did you get the earlier version of the software? Did you
" already have it on your computer or maybe went to the software maker's
" Web site or some other online site? Do you frequent any Web sites
" where older versions of software can be found?
"
" 4. What kind of problems did you experience with the newer version of
" software that made you revert to the earlier version? Computer
" crashing, program not running correctly, etc.
"
" 5. In your opinion, is retro-software better than new versions of
" software? If so, what do you attribute that to.
"
" 6. Do the problems associated with newer versions of software, at
" least in your case, deal more with a hardware issue or some software
" conflict with your computer?
"
" 7. Is there a need to go out and get the latest version of software or
" is it a matter of having the latest and greatest?
"
" 8. Feel free to include anything I have missed in my questions
" regarding this subject.
"
" Also, please include your name, address (state/city) will do, and
" maybe a generic job description. Please respond to my e-mail address.
"
" I look forward to hearing from you.
"
" David Noack