Northgate keyboards

>snip
How do you program the SF1 through SF12 keys to be plain old ordinary
function keys.
And then again, how do you program them to be programmed keys.
>From the OmniKey/ULTRA User's Guide (never throw away a manual!):
Press and hold the SF select key [near the upper right corner of the
keyboard];
Press Shift, Ctrl or Alt for a combined keystroke, or Esc for a normal
key function.

To get the top row function key SFn to map to Ctrl-Fn, for instance, you
type and hold the SF select key and press Ctrl.

Since my keyboard maps, e.g.,

bc,l,d,k,b,d, ,c,:,\,x,y,\,m,y,k,e,y,s,.,k,b,d,xc

to key 66 (=F8) in table=ctrl (in the keyboard file), I get any
revisions I make to my keyboard mappings loaded instantly on pressing
SF8 (=ctrl-F8, because I set my special function keys on the Omnikey to
be the Ctrl table equivalents of the plain vanilla function keys).

Peter Brown
Pbrown@xxxxxxxx