Re: Strange files...

** Reply to message from "M.W. Poirier"  on Fri, 06
Jan 2006 18:07:28 -0400 (EDT)

Maben:

These are overflow files. Surprised you haven't noticed them before -- they're
a fixture. I get rid of them in STARTUP.INT (you do NOT want to delete them
while XyWrite is running -- they might be currently in-use!). The concept is
to put them in a directory that has no other *.TMP files in it -- they are
written wherever default DR points. So I have two lines near the top of INT
that read as follows:

BX d dr=d:\XY4\BTFONTS\Q2 ;*;
BX dos/nv/x/z /c kmd.exe /c del /Q d:\XY4\BTFONTS\*.TMPQ2 ;*;

The /Q[uiet] switch instructs the command processor to skip any confirmation
query. And that's the end of that.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx