Re: XyWrites 4 and 5 (was: RE: Dataviz and xyW)

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Richard Giering wrote:

> "Frank Kenneth B." wrote:
>
> > Just switch back and
> > forth between a reasonably complex HTML file in one window, and a copy of
> > that same file in another window where you have done a search and replace
> > or remove all the tags, and see what it looks like.
> >

> Thanks Ken:
>  Thats exactly what I'm currently doing!!! I have XYWIN (4.11) in one
> win95 window and a local version of the Netscape Browser in another
> window and I switch back and forth AFTER SAVING and then RELOADing.
> By seeing it in the same place would be orders of magnitude less
> effort-consuming, but it still works. The conversion would be a first
> step and would tell if further investment is merited.
>  OH WELL!

Actually, you probably don't want full rendering and editing in the same
package. I've used several dynamic HTML editors, and they do *not*
rock. I always turn off the rendering view and just use the editor,
save, and switch windows to a separate browser and reload the view. Much
faster way to work in Windows, and hardly any different from having the
"browser" view in the same application, except the latter does not bog
down the editing process.

However, some Xy treatment of basic presentation tagging as equivalent
to Xy MD deltas would make the file much easier to work with, and
probably would not seriously affect editing speed.

	Dorothy

*****
Dorothy Day
Indiana University
day@xxxxxxxx
*****
	"He also surfs who only sits and waits."