Re: Conversion Dilemmas - Report

Date sent:   	Thu, 8 Apr 1999 02:47:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      	Dorothy Day
To:       	"Michael P. Kube-McDowell"
Subject:    	Re: Conversion Dilemmas - Report

> Have you tried the Word for Word module in Adobe File Utilities?
> At least with the Hungarian site's slightly updated filters (mostly
> August 1996) for RTF and Xy, it will accept Xywrite III, III+, IV, and IV
> for Windows; it will then output MS RTF in 6 flavors: ANSI Char Set, Code
> Page 850, Mac Char Set, MacWord 6, PC Char Set, and WinWord 6. If your
> publisher is using any Windows word processor, I would think the MS RTF
> (ANSI Char Set) would be quite safe and satisfactory. If he's using a DOS
> word processor, then MS RTF (PC Char Set) would be the obvious choice. The
> trick is to get a copy of the discontinued Adobe File Utilities if you
> don't already own it.

I don't have a copy of Adobe File Utilities--I can't even recall ever
having confronted it in a catalog or computer store. Word for Word I
did know about (as a standalone product), but I never bought that,
either.

I'm willing to try the updated filters--they've clearly helped at least
some of you some of the time. I have the Hungarian/Adobe set,
plus the ones on the TTG Web site, plus the ones gleaned from
other programs. I may just need a little handholding on editing
TEXTOUT.FLT.

Or--

Does anyone already have a TEXTOUT.FLT that covers everything
that's available--and works reliably for them?

Best,

   K-Mac

  ---] Michael Paul McDowell, writing as Michael P. Kube-McDowell
  ---] Author of THE QUIET POOLS and STAR WARS: THE BLACK FLEET CRISIS
  ---] Web Site: http://www.sff.net/people/K-Mac/default.htm
  ---] Newsgroup: sff.people.Kube-McDowell at server NEWS.SFF.NET