Re: Windows vs DOS XyWrite vs the future?

I've been lurking on this list for a few months now and this is my first
posting to it. A few weeks ago I purchased a copy of XyWrite for
Windows -- I finally have a machine fast enough to make waiting for
Windows to respond almost bearable. I still prefer NotaBene for myself because
of its IBID and ORBIS modules which, I was told, eventually will be available
for XyWin as well. In the meanwhile, I am trying to encourage my wife to XyWin
instead of the old version of WordStar she has kept -- version 5.5 as I recall.
But she doesn't particularly like the screen with XyWin. Is it possible to set
up XyWin to have essentially an uncluttered screen with text spread across the
screen at the old DOS resolution of 25 lines by 80 characters. Her eyesight is
suffering from staring at those tiny little graphics characters and she would
prefer the text characters instead.
One further question, while I have your attention. Nathan Sivin, you said that
you redid the keyboard to use NB commands. Would you be willing to share the
results of your effort?
Best regards,
Bill
William H. TeBrake       BITNET:  tebrake@maine.bitnet
Department of History      INTERNET: tebrake@xxxxxxxx
University of Maine       TELEPHONE:207-581-1923
Orono, Maine 04469-5774, USA  FAX:   207-581-1947