Re: Windows vs DOS XyWrite vs the future?

Bill -
	I just read your note. While my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to
be, I still don't wear glasses, but I have *never* found the text on a Windows
screen to be acceptable. I still use DOS-based programs for editing. Are you
familiar with a program called UltraVision?
It allows any combination of 80, 94, 108, 120 and 132 columns by 25, 36
50 or 63 rows, on a VGA screen with a suitable video card (I've got an old ATI
VGA Wonder+. I've found combinations as large as 108x25 or
94x36 are quite readable, and definitely better than what's available i in
Windows (and when I was working in an MS office environment, I used
Word in it's full-screen (no rulers or menus) setting, and still didn't find it
sharp enough.
	XyWrite for DOS and Word(im)Perfect 5.1 DOS both support UV.
	FYI.
	-rg