STRIPMoDe.PM

Robert:

I can't help you with the 386MAX (is it?) "Privileged operation exception"
system errors. Can't replicate your situation. But errors deep in the beast
are serious, obviously. If you have another machine handy, operating under
pure DOS or a superior OS, give it a whirl. It might be that your video
adaptor gets out of sync, or maybe 386MAX is buggy, DOS is certainly cruddy to
start with, &c. I never tested STRIPMD beyond a few *lines* of MoDe
statements.

I meant to say that you might have to run STRIPMD more than once, to eliminate
all superfluities. I actually had it coded that way originally, but removed
the repeat runs because it seemed obsessive.

I apologize that the code is unintelligible. Even as I looked at the finished
STRIPMD product, I could scarcely recall how it worked myself -- something
which happens all the time. When you program mostly for personal use, you
inevitably compete against yourself to utilize the fewest possible Save/Gets,
write the most concise code, achieve the highest speed -- little prideful
attributes -- and the devil take commenting the procedure! Not only is
commenting difficult and tedious, but nobody (more or less) gives a ding dong,
and PM execution slows to a snail's pace in interpreted XPL; so ... commenting
doesn't happen. I haven't seen a good commented PM in ages. Haven't seen much
programming for XyWrite lately, either, period. Although Carl Distefano has
produced interesting things -- maybe he'll publish them someday. Maybe Xy4
will revive interest in XPL, which used to be lively. Bye