Re: stripmd

** Reply to message from "Martin J. Osborne"  on
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:22:39 -0400

Martin:

I couldn't understand your msg, so referred back to yr two original msgs of
February 2005. I retested all examples cited by you, and substituted arbitrary
numeric MoDes for your theoretical "xx" and "yy" MoDes:

> aaa bbb
> is converted to
> aaa bbb
> But I really want that space to be in ...
>
> I see also that stripmd converts
> and converts
> but preserves

I ran the current STRIPMD (version of 9/3/2006, contained in latest 9/15/2006
refresh of U2 v119) against these examples. All were handled correctly. None
of the erroneous conversions that you cite above took place. Indeed, the only
MoDe stripped in your examples was the second, redundant , which is
proper:  prevails at that point in your "text".

Please update your version of U2. U2 is designed to be upgradeable by simply
overwriting an old U2 (and INF "Help" file) with a newer one. What could be
easier? In response to user pleas several years ago, I began posting a summary
of changes to U2 whenever we issue a new version or a refresh -- indeed, my
post of Sept 15 last mentions enhancements to STRIPMD. But this summary should
not be considered to be comprehensive; Carl and I change and fix constantly.
It is wise to always upgrade, regardless of whether you judge the summarized
changes to be important to your work. Otherwise we end up here, wasting time.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx