RE: PIF & LNK Specifications (was: F5--and everything)

OK, I think the time (alright, way past time) has come to put together a
final word on dealing with the various properties of these shortcut
doohickeys.

I'll post a page with visual representations of all the different tabs
for all relevant properties dialogs. Since I'm not much of an expert on
these settings, what I'll do is try to come as close as possible to
showing what the settings should be, and where wrong I'll correct and
re-post the screenshots. Perfection will thereby be attained.

If not tonight, then tomorrow night. Stay tuned.

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Holmgren

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"

Why are you doing any of this? You create a Shortcut, you set
in Properties the "Working directory" to H:\XY4, and it launches
H:\XY4\EDITOR.EXE. BATfiles are totally unnecessary. If you
want to launch something extra (like Tame), you go into the
Shortcut Properties ==> General ==> Advanced, and you create a
special AUTOEXEC.NT (name it AUTOXY.NT or something) that
launches programs in this session only. And Finito.