PIF files for XP

Friends,

I've just set up Windows XP on my Mac, in VMWare. An old lament: can't get XY to show up in a full screen, or even a maximized window, without it looking mashed up. I read through eighteen or twenty posts in the archives; made no real progress experimenting by following some of the (occasionally conflicting) suggestions there, such as:

Going to the shortcut, right-click on the upper left corner's icon, changing screen buffer and window sizes to 80 and 50. Then saving these properties for future windows with the same title.

Setting the conventional memory (in the PIF) to AUTO, Expanded to 5120, Extended to NONE, DPMI to AUTO.

Adjusting the path at the system tab in control panel.

Creating XYexec.nt and XYconfig.nt via the General --> Advanced tab in Properties. I have the exec set the TEMP variables and put a shell= line in the config to run the 4DOS command processor, nothing more.

The path to EDITOR.EXE is set as (on my system) c:\xy4\editor.exe /4000.

I even cut the getxyos call out of my http://startup.int and did setp manually ().

You may sense how I've flailed around, and failed: still have a window filling part of the screen with XyWrite compressed into its top half, when I use "maximize" and "window" in the PIF; when I use "full-screen" the same size thing shows up in the center of the screen surrounded by black.

I will take part of today to go back over the archive posts, but I'm wondering, if anyone has a nice functional WINXP shortcut, would you be willing to attach the PIF and send it to me? I can look it over in a text editor and get some clues . . .

Thank you all,

Fred Weiner
mailto:fw1948@xxxxxxxx