XyWin memory

I just did a little experiment comparing XyWin memory usage against that of
WP 5.1 and Word 6.0. With comparable files loaded and macro capabilities in
place, XyWin (seems to) take 100K more memory than WP and more than 400K
more than Word.

Am I dreaming, or is XyWin's vaunted leanness limited to disk space
considerations only?

Maybe some of you have tried this and can A) confirm my observations, or B)
pack me off to a monastery to repent with Herb Tyson's book and a haircloth
shirt.

Doug Beeson
EDI World Institute
Montreal, Quebec, Canada