Re: Re[4]: Not able to restore session from menu

Reply to note from Jonathan & Rachel Craft  Sat,
18 Jun 2011 19:06:39 +0630

> I do have XyWWWeb.U2 installed. I hadn't run across savesess,
> and if it works, that will be fine with me. Is there a
> corresponding restoresess command?

It's all rolled into one command. You can issue SAVESESS
and follow the prompts, or use one of the following:

SAVESESS C <== Save session and _Close_ files
SAVESESS O <== Save session and leave files _Open_
SAVESESS R <== _Restore_ last saved session

By default, the session information file (SAVESESS.INF) is saved in
the root directory of the current drive. (I may change that to the
directory that contains EDITOR.EXE.) If you want to change that
default behavior, open the registry file, XYWWWEB.REG -- you can
simply command REGEDIT SAVESESS -- and edit the variable
Savesess_Data_Files to specify the desired directory location, for
example:

Savesess_Data_Files=F:\XY4

Finally, note that you can maintain as many saved sessions as you
like, and select among them when restoring a session. To do this,
you have to give each session a unique filename when you save it,
for example:

SAVESESS d:\path\project.1,C
SAVESESS d:\path\project.2,C
SAVESESS d:\path\thesis.ma,C

To restore:

SAVESESS d:\path\project.2,R

Alternatively, you can restore any session by RUNning the session
information file:

RUN d:\path\project.2

Finally, with SAVESESS you don't need to close any open files before
restoring a session. SAVESESS does that for you, flagging any
modified files and giving you the option to SAve or ABort the
changes.

You can always get help by issuing HELP SAVESESS.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx