Re:RE: XyWrite update

Jim,

Actually, Karin Walker should give her colleagues a little more credit.

I was one of the FZ=mm-dd-yyyy boosters and had even gotten used to looking
at those four-digit years in my directories. However, if you want to set
your soft- and hard-date commands (DA & TODAY) to default to a two-digit
year, or if you want to embed a one-time two-digit soft date (entering "DA
m/d/yy" on the command line, for example), you'd still be out of luck with
4.017. XyDos 4.018 appears to solve all the 2K problems--you can use any
date defaults that worked for the first 99 years of the 20th century, and
you can add any legal parameters to the two date commands.

So I've switched my FZ back to two digits and I'm glad I've downloaded
4.018. Thanks to Xy4's tight code (message to Xy3 diehards: yes, yes, I
know) it doesn't take very long. I just wish they'd fixed a few other bugs
while they were at it.

Dan De Hainaut
Young_DeHainaut@xxxxxxxx