automatic Windows (8.1) updates

Hello,

Have you tried the Ultimate Windows Tweaker 3 for Windows 8
(http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-3-windows-8)
which makes a claim of this kind of capability.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***

22.10.2014, 10:33, Flash wrote:
BTW automatic Windows (8.1) updates are extraordinarily difficult to shut down. I know, there is place in the Windows settings where you can ostensibly turn it off--it still sends miles and miles of encrypted (TLS) packets off to microsoft and downloads something or other. I noted at least 10 web servers Win8.1 was contacting frequently despite automatic updates being switched off; these servers have now been re-routed as local host (e.g., 127.0.0.1 msftncsi.com in the "host" file).