Re: Xy under WIN on a laptop, redux {was Re: WinXP/ME}

Better be careful -- some OEM Win98 disks can only be installed in the
computer they were sold with.

When you get a computer with W2000 or XP, do they come with a backup disk,
in case you want to change the hard drive or reinstall for some other reason?

Norman

At 10:09 PM 10/28/01 -0600, Mimi Gauthier LeBien wrote:

> I have a copy of win98 and winME at home that I can probably put on this
>laptop...if I get to the point of fdisk-ing the whole shebang (as I don't
>think I can downgrade in windows???)....and I'm getting very close.
>
> Mimi
>

> At 10:12 PM 10/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> It is a wonder to me that so many members of this very intelligent list
>have gone out and bought W2000 or XP. For months there have been warnings
>in newspapers and magazines that those OS might have trouble with DOS
>applications.
> If I needed a new computer right now, I'd quick buy something running
>Win98 SE before there are no more to be had.

Norman Bauman
411 W. 54 St. Apt. 2D
New York, NY 10019
(212) 977-3223