Re: ntfs, fat32, partitioning

J R FOX wrote:
Sometimes though, even when you
do that, a number of constituent files *still* get
dumped into . . . what are they called, a couple of
big directories under the WINNT portion of the
directory tree. (Sorry, I'm on the eCS side at the
moment, and can't view this for reference, but it's
towards the bottom of your Windows Tree View, for W2K
or XP.)
And I'm on 98Se, but I think you mean either C:\windows\System;
C:\Windows\system32; or c:\Windows\Application Data. There's also a
C:\windows\Common Files, where a lot of dlls get dumped.
That's really a separate issue: the bits and pieces of apps that have
to be stored someplace else. It seems to have actually imporved
somewhat. In Win 3.1 days, most dlls got dumped in a subdir of
Windows; now many seem to stay in c:\program Files\thisprog\bin or
something.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx