Re: XY, Vista, choices [+TAME]

Michael Norman wrote:
Add the following, exactly, to Xywrite.app.tam, which should be in TAME's \Settings subdirectory. /KeyGroupDef GroupName = Custom1 RepeatChannel=BIOS RepeatRate=25 IncludeScan=#53 ;** DEl ...
Tame doesn't like these settings, complains that they are invalid (see attached invld-sttings.jpg). However, I have found a simple workaround that makes the arrow keys on the editing keypad work normally (ie, as normally in Tame as they did before I used Tame): If I put the numlock on before starting Xy-Tame, the keys perform as they should once I turn the numlock off. Put numlock back on, and it's jerky cursor all over again. If I start with the numlock off, putting the numlock on removes the jerkiness; putting the numlock off again restores the original jerkiness. In each case, jerkiness is the initial state when I start Tame-Xy; in each case, toggling numlock toggles the behavior of the arrow keys on the editing keypad. So the preferred solution (on my machine at least) depends on how you use the number pad. This behavior appears to be independent of any setting in Tame.ini with respect to ResetNumLock. Along the way to discovering this I (re)discovered that XP turns off the numlock by default, no matter what your BIOS setting (thank you, MS), but I also found an MS site that showed me how to turn the numlock on at start up (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314879), so I can at least start the day with the numlock on when I launch Xy. Paul Lagasse

JPEG image