Re: on and off topic re purchase of new pc with dos for xywrite

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> rather than two DVD drives (what
> would you need them for?), get two hard drives.

I don't know what Avrom's intention may be, but I've
always had two optical drives (plus more than one hard
drive) in my tower systems. Formerly, it was a CD
Reader plus a burner. This can greatly facillitate
disc duplication, vs. the burner to HDD space back to
burner method. The readers or CD-only units have come
and gone, since my last system rebuild about five
years ago. So, the next time around it will be two
DVD burners. But this is very dependent on what you
do with your computer.

> No boot-loader to get trashed.

I've been running multi-OS, multi-boot hard drives for
a long, long time. But I've gotten pretty tired of
all the peccadillos, the many landmines to carefully
step around, the maintenance issues, special servicing
of the Win boot partitions and protecting everything
else _from_ Win. The next time around, I think I'm
going with Plug-In, Plug-Out drive trays, one type of
OS per each.

 Jordan