Re: on and off topic re purchase of new pc with dos for xywrite

J R FOX wrote:
The next time around, I think I'm
going with Plug-In, Plug-Out drive trays, one type of
OS per each.
That sounds like a workable and simple way to go, except that it still
requires rebooting, and booting is the slowest thing a modern PC does
(except for downloading over 100-year-old, waterlogged phone lines).
And when I've looked at this option, the specs seemed pretty
complicated: there seemed to be umpteen types of trays and no clear
explanation of which drives went with which trays.
Just took a look at the CyberGuys catalog: they do have parallel
cards, but no ps/2 ones. Lots of adapters to enable you to plug old
ps/2 mice or keyboards into USB ports, but one needs the ps/2 port to
have the mouse or keyboard recognized by DOS. StarSurplus or
MicroCenter might have one. (They also have adapters to let you use
those old, larger plug keyboards with ps/2 ports.)
By the by, Jordan, the two Asus mobos we got for the office both have
AGP slots. AMD CPUS, though, if you dislike them, as I think I recall
your saying you do.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx