Re: XY and on-line sessions

>As you know, OS/2 puts XyWrite, or any other DOS application, in its own
>virtual machine. I use Back & Forth, an orphaned task switcher program, that
>lets me multitask quickly through my legacy DOS apps, while the whole
>shebang is multitasking in the background.

  Why do you do that? I mean, as opposed to having a icon for each of the
dos apps, then you can have as many as you want open at the same time. I've
had Desqview running in a dos window, of course, and it worked fine, but
what's the point? It (or Back & Forth) just wastes system resources
needlessly. You can streamline it even more by using VBM's made from a 5.25
floppy formatted down to 160K or 180K so the dos window uses even less
resources (both in HD space and RAM when active) and boots faster.

--
Harmon Seaver
hseaver@xxxxxxxx

"Some mon just deal wit' information. An' some mon, him deal wit' the
concept of truth. An' den some mon deal wit' magic. Information flow aroun'
ya, an' truth flow right at ya. But magic, it flow t'rougn ya."
     -- Nernelly, A Jamaican "Bush Doctor," 1982

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.