Re: Off topic question.

"M.W. Poirier" wrote:

>  (Off topic...)
>
>  I'd like to copy my XY4 directory, compressed (using Pkzip, or
> some similar programme), on to 1.44 floppies. Obviously,
>  this will require that I produce more than one ZIPped file.  What
> is the most economical way of doing this?

Leslie had a good suggestion re files not to bother Zipping, but
what's wrong with Xy4_1 or Xy4_B (out of 4 or 5 sequential), if you
must use floppies. I too have become a late convert to the "thumb" or
"cigar" drives. If these remain off-limits for you, I'm assuming you
can still burn a CD, or at least attach a Zip drive, the latter being
quite cheap these days since it is almost obsolete. If your hardware
can still support it (the Shuttle XPC totally barfed on a W98 SE
install attempt -- driver inadequacies, I believe), I think you may
find that SE is really the minimum Win OS one should contemplate these
days, and even so it is archaic.

Jordan