Re: Can I get full screen in windows 7 32 bit

Reply to note from "M.W. Poirier"  Sun,
29 May 2011 08:53:08 -0400 (EDT)

> Like you I like Windows XP, but every time I raise your
> question with someone in my entourage, I am told, if you go
> back to Windows XP you will find that some pieces of
> hardware in your machine will not work because they depend
> on the latest OS.

I solve that problem by having old hardware. I bought the Dell I'm
typing on now in 2004; it does everything I need and is still going
strong, by all appearances. (I've automated daily backups, to an
external drive and to the cloud, in case the ghost leaves the
machine.)

I bought a 64-bit Win 7 machine for my wife last year, but haven't
attempted to run XyWrite on it. If my Dell died tomorrow, I'd go
with 64-bit Windows on a machine powerful enough to run a virtual
DOS environment at an acceptable speed. Since I'd expect to be
keeping the new machine for a long time, I'd want it to be capable
of running 64-bit Windows apps if and when they become common.

What people like us really need, I think, is a DOS-in-the-Cloud that
would enable us to run XyWrite and other antiquated software from
any machine with an Internet connection.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx