BUGS IN V4.017 --

 -> Robert Holmgren
XY-> The idea that there has been no real increase in functionality since v3.55,
 -> that it's downhill, that it isn't "fun" -- I disagree. Xy4-DOS is vastly
 -> more powerful than v3.55. What can v3.55 do that v4.017 can't? What are a
 -> these unaddressed bugs in v4.017? I think TTG has been exemplary in its
 -> attention to the little problems, and that, in v4.017, we probably have the
 -> cleanest, most reliable version of XyWrite ever produced.

Lumping all the complaints about Xy 4 into one is begging the question. Obviously there
are improvements in it, but it did drop some function calls and changed the nature of Type
5 help frames.
And considering that the hallmark of XyWrite is ease with which one can customize it,
saddling users with a 700+K xpl (the DLG) in v.4 is rather a burden that takes more than a
couple of days to untangle.

That DLG was an unfortunate direction -- one of the reasons that Xywin is unstable.

Obviously it is a question of preference too, and I prefer v3.55. There's nothing in v4
that I need which I can't duplicate in 3.55.

But I do look forward to trying a new version, whatever it may be, whatever it is called.

--Chet

P.S. When was the last time you fit Xy4 on a single floppy?
---