Re: Colour printing

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 5 May 1998 16:17:04 -0400 (EDT)

>>> I'm empathizing with you. But we're all better off in black
>>> and white anyway. Think of the hours you'll save by not
>>> having to fuss with color options.

>> Holmgren: >Come on. There are like eight different colors,
>> maybe fifteen. What's to fuss?

> The fussing is just what you do to get the prettiness-factor
> optimized. A common bug in the operator's mental software,
> not in the computer sytem.

Maybe on the display. But on a Desk Jet we've got -- let's see -- red, and then
there's blue, also green, and where there's green you know damn well yellow is
hanging around too; and then a couple of others that nobody knows
what they are, such as "cyan". Who ever heard of cyan? Did Leonardo
know about cyan? I don't think so. You're gonna use a fictitious
acrylic color like cyan? Something Camus bought at the chemist to poison his dog?
Invented by IBM probably: "Big Cyan". Sounds good. Plus let's not forget black,
and probably HP counts white too. Are we up to eight yet? So add a couple more.
Purple: purple will look smashing.

"Pretty" is not a serious factor here.