Re: XyIII+ in WinXP

Mark Garvey wrote:
Hi. I've been looking through the archive, but haven't come across a clear answer to this question yet. Is it possible, with a minimum of fuss, to run Xywrite III+ within Windows XP?
It sometimes seems as if more people here are still using III than 4.
(WHY I cannot understand. And then I get scolded--gently and
courteously, but scolded, for resisting XP.) So definitely, III runs
on XP. Obvious things: How are you launching? Clicking on editor.exe,
clicking on a batfile (not a good idea, generally), clicking on a
shortcut? Where are you setting properties? Fonts doesn't take unless
done from the properties page invoked by right clicking the titlebar
of an app running in a window. Running full screen or windowed? Are
you logged into editor.exe's directory? Path? What exactly is going wrong?

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx