CPU hogging Xywin under OS/2

Just had OS/2 Warp installed on the office computer (don't ask why). A
day and a half and I'm far enough up the learning curve to get some
work done.

I note one curious thing, however and wonder if there is a better
setting.

I first installed Xywin in win-os2, then migrated the program to the OS2
desktop. The program seems to run alright (I have it set to run in
standard mode as a windowed session).

Two anomalies. Sometimes, after minimizing Xywin, some of the old xywin
screen bleeds onto the desktop. I can usually clear it up if I restore
and them minimize again. Second. If I monitor CPU use using the OS2
"Pulse" meter. Xywin seems to crank up CPU use to 100% and stay there.
Its the only program(win, dos or os2 that does that). Can still run
other apps, but I suspect Xywin's hoggy behavior is not doing wonders
for performance.

Any suggestions?

Allan Needell, Dept. of Space History, Nat'l Air & Space Museum
   Smithsonian Institution, MRC 311, Washington, DC 20560
i: aneedell@xxxxxxxx; CServe: 71461,1115; tel 202/357-2828
          fax: 202/786-2947