CPU hogging Xywin under OS/2 -Reply

Just had OS/2 Warp installed on the office computer (don't ask why). A
day and a half and I'm far enough up the learning curve to get some
work done.

I note one curious thing, however and wonder if there is a better
setting.

I first installed Xywin in win-os2, then migrated the program to the OS2
desktop. The program seems to run alright (I have it set to run in
standard mode as a windowed session).

Two anomalies. Sometimes, after minimizing Xywin, some of the old xywin
screen bleeds onto the desktop. I can usually clear it up if I restore
and them minimize again. Second. If I monitor CPU use using the OS2
"Pulse" meter. Xywin seems to crank up CPU use to 100% and stay there.
Its the only program(win, dos or os2 that does that). Can still run
other apps, but I suspect Xywin's hoggy behavior is not doing wonders
for performance.

Any suggestions?

Alan - the screen bleeding problem with XyWin under OS/2 has been
around for a long time. XyWin does some real curious stuff when its run in
a seamless windows session in OS/2. I've found it doesn't minimize very
well from the OS/2 desktop. If you pop up the window/task list, select
XyWin, and select "Restore" it sometimes doesn't. I've found that selecting
"Cascade" or "Tile" will pull XyWrite back up.

Regarding the CPU meter, there was some discussion of this on this list
awhile ago. As I recall, I think its a spurious reading, relating to some
arcane low-level stuff in DOS. If XyWin was really hogging the CPU, you
probably would notice a real slowdown. I'm running the Merlin Beta, and
when I minimize XyWrite the Merlin CPU Meter goes back to zero.

Steve