RE: Windows registry cleanup tools - PowerQuest Drive Image

--- "John H. Kessel"  wrote:

> At the risk of mentioning a too simple solution to a
> complicated problem:
> Not too long ago I told our dept. computer
> consultant that I really needed
> a good backup for my
> computer, and I had been warned against using a
> Windows supplied backup. He
> told me that the Windows backup on XP is now very
> good, and it will
> automatically backup everything in My Documents.

Apples & Oranges, I'm afraid. Backing up the data is
relatively simple, compared to replacing the whole OS
+ installed app.s + assorted updates and security
patches + all the personal customizations you've
applied. You only discover just how much time,
effort, and aggravation is involved, when you have to
rebuild it all from scratch ! One experience like
that will have you saying 'Never Again !' That's why
I prefer fully cloned HDDs. (This is even more
important in a multi-OS setup, like the one I run) I
try to keep a rotation of 3 going, with one of these
stored offsite. Then, it's just a question of how
recent one's last backup was. (*Any* system is only
as good as your implementation of it.)

I do partition imaging too, as an added precaution.

Jordan