Re: Windows registry cleanup tools - PowerQuest Drive Image

Harry Binswanger  wrote:

> Grrrr. What the hell is the use of an image program if it can't guarantee a
> restore?
>
> This whole situation is ridiculous.

No, this whole exchange is ridiculous. You both clearly don't know what
you're talking about, and you don't have the gumption to download some trial
versions and do a bit of controlled experimenting, rather than just surmising
this and that. But of course, it's so much easier to waffle on endlessly
on a mailing list, never mind that it's totally off topic to boot.

> Every computer should be built with an
> IDE port (or whatever it takes) and a BIOS option to make it boot
> therefrom. Then there should be a program that guarantees cloning (on any
> drive within a reasonable range of types).
>
> I mean, I'm not asking for something that slices, dices, chops, and grates.
> I just want to have a backup for my computer! Am I alone in this?

No, you're not. Only the other millions out there use the tools that are
available and that work, rather than waiting for the tooth fairy.

Wolfgang Bechstein
bechstein@xxxxxxxx