Re: Looking for input

I think it I have made it clear in my discussion of OS/s, etc.,
that we feel we have to focus our development efforts in a few
areas where we feel the return will greatest. There are several
areas we are confident of and are proceeding with development.

As a result of some of the exchanges here we have looked into
HTML capability.
 Our preliminary investigations tell us that because of some
architectural changes we have made in XyWin, with a relatively
modest effort (modest in comparison to full-scale development
projects like an OS/2 version) we could enable an "HTML" mode in
XyWin that would author and display HTML files in a "native"
mode. XyWrite would use HTML codes and escape sequences, and
permit editing and display of the documents in WYSIWYG mode just
as they would appear through any browser. In fact, except for
the communications and a few other features, the product would
have many of the characteristics of a browser as well as an
editor.

Having made the initial determination of feasibility, I am
interested in your feedback as to whether you feel that,
properly marketed (on the Internet and appropriate media), such
a full-functioned word processor/HTML editor would have
significant market potential. I am also interested in any
guidance you think you can give us as to other sources we might
explore to get further information in making this decision.

Finally, we continue to be interested in any feedback as to
features/functionality such a product should contain.

Your advice is appreciated.

Kenneth Frank