Re: PHONE LINES

Harry, about your loss of carrier...I don't suppose you have call waiting? Of
course, I know the likelihood of someone calling you when you're on the line at
3 a.m. is nil, but that will drop the carrier.

By the way, did you see that note from Brenda saying that she NEVER got any
noise? Brenda, if you're listening out there, do you know if your modem has
error correction? Is it possible that XY's modems have it, if activated? Of
course, it's possible that she's just gotten a better line to Massachusetts
than we do.

I wonder if this is limited to any particular long distance carrier. That
shouldn't make a lot of difference, but it's possible that if it's tied to a
particular carrier, that it could be that carrier's connection to the local CO
that's at fault. I get the noise about half the time, and we're going out on
AT&T. The Government's FTS-2000, I know, is split between AT&T and Sprint,
although I don't know if Congress is a part of that deal.

 Daryl