Re: For TBaehr Re: XPL, DLG, Develop

>expertise there is to be distributed. Would anyone wish to ban the automatic
>shift from cars on the grounds that their presence deprives motorists of
>working knowledge of how their cars work? I think not.

 No, but on the other hand, no one should be able to obtain a
driver's license by taking the test in a car with an automatic
shift. Anyone so uncoordinated as to be unable to work a clutch
and manual shift should not be on the road, IMHO. Likewise,
computer systems which are dumbed down to enable the neophyte who
can't figure out their own config.sys shouldn't be force fed to
everyone, nor should XY users be led up the MS path with less and
less control (thru lack of documentation, poor communication with
the developers, etc.) over how their chosen tools work.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.