RE: memory and pers.spl

George Buschman told me how to take my Xy 3.54 PERS.SPL dictionary,
which is 50k long, and chop it up into 5 files, each about 10 long,
and use MULTISPL.PGM. to load them into memory in such a way that Xy
4 will check a document using all of them. That sounds doable, after
creating the new SPL files, and putting MULTISPL on the same macro
that I am now using to run SPELL.

But if I have PERS1.SPL, PERS2.SPL, etc, what will happen when I add
a new word to my personal dictionary? It would now go to PERS.SPL.
Will it go to PERS1.SPL? Will PERS.SPL still be part of my loading
sequence--because George implies it would not.

Jonathan
Jonathan D. Beard
Science Writer-Photo Researcher
938 N. Alameda, Las Cruces, NM 88005-2125 USA
jbeard@xxxxxxxx voice 505-647-0850