Re: off-topic: XyQuackery -> why not move this

On or off topic, I cannot agree more with the note below. It is very
clever and brought back many happy memories. Thanks.
Dortmunder is, in my view, the best of all beers.  One of my happiest
memories is the first time I tasted it, some 25 years ago on a blistering
hot summer day near downtown Detroit. We were at the Union Street college
bar near Wayne State University, sort of pub-like, with no air
conditioning.
And I also have only happy memories of the countless hours of doing
xpl (in the late '80s, early '90s) late into the night and nearly to
sunrise, with a six pack of my favorite elixir nearby. Unfortunately no
stores locally sold Dortmunder back then, so I was drinking what we called
Lion's Brew (Lowenbrau, dark) at the time, a somewhat worthy substitute.

Sorry for being off topic, back to work!

=====
Rene writes at the bottom of his note that prefers "the miraculous healing powers of BEER. ... Has
worked for me for the last few decades."
On this issue, I am not sure if it is on-topic of off topic. In the interest of helping those who are new to XyWrite, I'll error on the side of it being ON TOPIC, since I can easily verify that 8 years ago, when I was really into xpl, I did my best work late, late into the early morning under the wonderful influence of that wonderful elixir. I think the command is BC, DRink, BEer,XC; although more a more advanced program would include formatting switches indicating which types and brands to use. Over time, I learned that the best results were from the function call DM (Dormunder, German beer), or GS (Guiness Stout, mixed half w/ regular beer.)

OK, back to work.

At 12:33 PM 11/3/01 +0900, you wrote:
At 10:27 AM 11/2/01 -0500, Young For Life Products, Ltd wrote:
>Oh, well, so much for having a open-minded dialogue on an off-topic subject. >I should have known better. Some of the people listed on the quackwatch site

Please, people, relax. Some like to chat about non-XY things, some don't.
If there is interest in discussing germs and water cures, why not post at
another list. I have one that is practically unused (was meant as the
continuation of a since defunct bulletin board in Tokyo). It is called
"The_Ofuro@xxxxxxxx, oops, by now that would be
The_Ofuro@xxxxxxxx. Why not post off-topic matters there and leave
the XYwrite list for the purists.

NB: Personally, I believe in the miraculous healing powers of BEER. Has
worked for me for the last few decades...

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo